Birthday Rod Run - Thursday, October 1st @ 6:00 p.m.
The September 24th event has been postponed one week due to the rain.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are not able to hold our regular Thursday night cruises. In order to be compliant and keep everybody safe during COVID-19, we will be following government regulation and First Nation Health Authorities' expectations and guidelines to help us navigate this time.
On Thursday, September 24th @ 6:00 p.m. to coincide with Jason's birthday, we will have a "rolling start" at the corner of Grouhel Road and Christie Road, just off the Grouhel road turnoff from the Highway. Stop and get your piece of birthday cake as you turn onto Christie Road!
THERE WILL BE NO GATHERING AT THE A&W but please grab your favourite A&W burger before or after the Rod Run from our drive-through only. Please do not exit your vehicles.
Please be advised there are no washrooms available at our A&W/Husky location.
What Are We Doing?
Thursday, October 1st @ 6:00p.m.
We are having a BIRTHDAY ROD RUN to celebrate (commiserate) Jason's birthday!
Same rules apply. Rolling start at the corner of Grouhel and Christie Road (Northbound).
Please download directions below.
Start time is 6:00 p.m.
For pictures check out Vancouver Island Hot Rods.
- Keep two meters (six feet) or the length of a queen-sized bed apart at all times.
- Keep your hands at your sides (good luck with this one).
- Greet others with a wave instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug.
- Limit contact with people at higher risk of getting sick (e.g. older adults… yes, that does mean most of you and those in poor health).
Please understand that out of respect for others it is essential that you adhere to these rules. If you do not, you will not be allowed to participate in the event… we stand firm on that.
Oh, one last thing… please refrain from speaking MOISTLY with others. 😉
We hope that regulations around social distancing have been somewhat relaxed by the time this event is schedule, however, these rules stand until such time as we have been informed of any changes.
- At 6:00 p.m., turn off the southbound Highway at Grouhel Road (grab slice of birthday cake).
- Right on Grouhel Road.
- Right on Christie Road.
- Left on Pictou Road, which becomes Grouhel Road.
- Right on Christie Road (Ladysmith Diamond).
- Right on 4th Avenue.
- Left on Alderwood.
- Right on Cedarwood Road.
- Left on Oakwood Road, which becomes Birchwood Road.
- Left on Alderwood Road.
- Right onto 4th Avenue (north Ladysmith).
- Take 4th Avenue.
- Right onto Walkem Road.
- Follow Walkem Road past Brown Drive Park (the road turns into Colonia Drive).
- Left on Malone Road.
- Down to the Fire Hall, right onto 6th Avenue.
- Left on Methuen Street at the end.
- Left on 4th Avenue until the Hospital (make sure to blow your horn in support of frontline health workers).
- Right on Symonds Street.
- Right on 1st Avenue, drive all the way through downtown Ladysmith.
- At 1st Avenue and Roberts Street, go straight.
- 1st Avenue becomes Dogwood Drive, go down the Dogwood Dip.
- Right at Davis Road.
- Follow Davis Road, right on Russell Road that turns into Stirling Drive.
- Left on Ferrell Road.
Then it’s up to you. You can either take the Highway or the recommend route, turning left on Davis Road again, up to Louise Road where you turn right, left on Hall Road at the end and right back onto Davis Road where you will follow it down past Coronation Mall and over the Highway into Saltair towards Chemainus (south Ladysmith).
- Follow Chemainus Road all the way to Old Victoria Road where you turn right.
- Take Old Victoria Road down to the roundabout and, again, turn right on Chemainus Road until you pass the Chemainus Theatre where you turn left on Victoria Street.
- Left on Willow Street.
- Right on Mill Street.
- Left on Croft Street.
- Left on Oak Street up to the 49th Parallel Grocery Store, Riot Brewing, and the Sawmill Tap House & Grill where you turn right onto Chemainus Road again.
- Drive all the way back to the highway at the Coronation Mall (Saltair and Chemainus).
- Turn right again onto Highway 1 towards your home away from home (A&W).
- You will now have the choice to head straight down the Highway back to the DUB or Home
- To add just a little extra, turn right onto 1st Avenue towards Home Hardware then left on Rocky Creek Road.
- Follow it to the Highway again and right down to your favourite A&W for a drive-through dinner.
Register for Future Rod Runs!
By selecting "Yes" below, you are accepting the Rules outlined on this page.